Sunday 19 October 2014

Week 2

It was all going so well...this is this weeks efforts:

Day 1 - My weekly 6am run, this time with my 10 year old son Joe. I was quite glad he agreed to come with me as it was so dark it's probably not safe to run around the park on my own. I figured I could throw Joe in the attackers way for a quick escape. At least, I would if I could catch him, he was sprinting circles around me. You can just see his silhouette in the spooky picture I took, way ahead of me. 

It was good having the company though and made me relax a bit more and not be so tense whilst running. I managed run 15, walk 2, run 5, hooray I'm getting there! To the beginning of my running schedule, hmmm.

Day 2 - This is where it all goes wrong. I was determined to run 15, walk 2, run 10. I had planned out my route I was feeling good and happy I was making progress. But I ran 15 and my legs were in agony, the dreaded shin splints, I had to walk home without any more running. I figured I just needed to rest them a couple of days and I'll be fine when it comes to my third run of the week.

Day 3 - My legs still felt sore but I didn't want it to stop me, it's not as though I'm doing much yet, I'll just have to run through it. So I got ready Sunday morning, went out and managed to get to the bottom of the road before I turned back. My problem is I don't know what pain is OK to run through and when I'm just being a wimp, I think it's a fine line. I went home and did yoga instead, and you know how people say that yoga feels like you haven't really done anything...yeah that. 

What I have learned
That I need to get fitter so I can catch my 10 year old to use as defence.

My Goals
Cycling or swimming to try and keep me active until my legs feel a lot better and can get back on it.

Feeling
Very frustrated as my first goal I set myself I have failed on.


0 comments:

Post a Comment